Friday 4 May 2018

Though she be but little she is a hungry a-hole

V, the asshole toddler is a fibber.

She's a tad bit of a white liar... but if you minus the tad bit and white and you have a little fibbing a-hole with cute rosy cheeks and a disposition to be really cute sometimes.

I've never really cared what people have thought of me, either you like me, or you don't (ha. I should keep telling myself that lie)...Okay so I DO care, I just try not to show that I do.

Then, my daughter turned five and suddenly I have become a little self-conscious. I'm not perfect, I've never claimed to be perfect and I never will be. In fact I mess up more times than one single human being is allocated in their lifetime. 

Along with her turning 5 and suddenly becoming this pint-sized adult, she took on this uncanny ability for fantastic story telling. And this has me 100% convinced that I will win the "bad Mom" of the year award. So I know you're probably thinking I am being dramatic because she's a kid, right? Stop judging me. It's not cute. I'm not being dramatic.

Dudes...dudettes. Some of her stories are downright unnerving. If I had a R10 note for every time she has opened her cute little yapping mouth and spewed some bullshit while I felt that iron-grip fear take hold of my heart...when the voice in my head screamed "omg, omg, omg - they think I'm a bad Mom"...then I would be rich. But I would also be dead having left this earth from anxiety that finally took over.

Fib Number 1... I don't feed her.

A few weeks ago I took V to 
Spur. I love Spur. It's disgusting and probably roaming with bacteria but their buffalo wings are the shit and V plays in their play area for hours leaving me to catch up on sleep in their weirdly comfortable booths (just kidding...) Sort of. 

But no, really; Spur is great. But this day was one of those "my kid is an asshole" days. I remember this day so well because it was also the day my child announced in front of 50 people that I am a bad Mom. It was sweltering. But it was an unbearable heat. I was sitting outside and if there's one thing that annoys me it's heat. I can't handle it. I feel like everything is falling apart and my brain is melting and what's worse is that if you're a girl (and reading this) unless you spray paint your make up on it always melts off your face in heat. V also gets affected by heat like I do. She was particularly pissed off on this specific day and Spur was hella busy. She came storming up to the table looking mildly murderous and loudly shouted "where's my juice. I want my juice". Rude. That's what I thought, but I was too hot to care so I thrust her juice in her hand. She didn't say thank you. Rude. I was watching her drink her juice. She was staring at me. She didn't take her eyes off me the entire time and I was quite curious as to what made this little kid so annoyed - there was a little vein in her forehead and I thought to myself "oh cute, a little 5 year old vein".

Then after a couple loud gulps of her juice which was adding to my mounting irritation, she suddenly burst into tears. I shat myself. I got up and asked her what was wrong, I thought maybe that angry little vein I'd spotted earlier had popped in her head. She gasped for air, sucked in as much as she could and shouted "I'm hungry, I want my food, you NEVER FEED ME". I don't know why she said that. But it wouldn't matter if I did because I had the entire restaurant giving me filthy looks - what made it worse was the waitress who took pity on my kid and came and gave her some sweets. I was so embarrassed I didn't know what to do. Or say. So I bent down and whispered in her ear..."why would you saaaay that V?? I do feed you. That was ugly" . Upon hearing my whispers, she shouts again. "I am NOT ugly. I am hungry. You don't feed me". The food came - she calmed down. She ate two fucking slices of pizza before she ran off to the play area again. I paid the bill and went home. Thanks V. 

By the way. I do feed her. 

Fucking Oliver Twist... 





No comments:

Post a Comment